Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an email, has anyone else heard of this? It sounds kinda hokey to me.

Here's the email:

Subj: bee stings

Got this on my e-mail, but hope I never have to try it, but if I get stung, might just try it.

This information may be something to remember, as this season will soon be here again...

It might be wise to carry a penny in your pocket while working in the yard.......... BEE STINGS !
A couple of weeks ago, I was stung by both a bee and hornet while working
in the garden. My arm swelled up, so I went to the doctor. The clinic gave me cream and
an antihistamine. The next day the swelling was getting progressively worse, so I went to my regular
doctor. The arm was infected and needed an antibiotic..The doctor told me:
"The next time you get stung, put a penny on the bite for 15 minutes".

That night, my niece was stung by two bees. I looked at the bite and it had already started to swell. So, I taped a penny to her arm for 15 minutes. The next morning, there was no sign of a bite. We decided that she just wasn't allergic to the sting.

Soon, I was gardening outside. I got stung again, twice by a hornet on my
left hand. I thought, here I go again to the doctor for another antibiotic.

I promptly got my money out and taped two pennies to my bites, then sat and sulked for
15 minutes. The penny took the string out of the bite immediately.

In the meantime the hornets were attacking, and my friend was stung on the
thumb. Again the penny.
The next morning I could only see the spot where the hornet had stung me.
No redness, no swelling. My friend's sting was the same; couldn't even tell where she had been stung. She got stung again a few days later upon her back---cutting the grass!
And the penny worked once again.

Wanted to share this marvelous information in case you experience the same
problem. We need to keep a stock of pennies on hand.

The doctor said that the copper in the penny counteracts the bite.
It definitely works! Please remember and pass this information on to
your friends, children, grandchildren

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
any "doctor" who would refer to a venemous (bee/hornet/wasp) STING as a "bite" has already lost his credibility with me.
good luck,mike

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
did you ever see the one ad where they were selling "guaranteed to kill ****roaches or your money back"?
Two pieces of two by fours,,,,,True story:lpf:
Have to be careful anymore, at least they weren't trying to sell you a Magic Penny. although I have some if you would like to buy one. .01 plus S&H(5.95):D
rick from SoMd

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I wholly agree with Sponge.
Not just anyone, but people.
At the very least move the garden, very far.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Being as how a penny is worth 1.7 cents, I might just take that deal. Shipping's a bit high, though. :no: But what's the power of belief worth? That penny might work if you really think it will. Faith of a mustard seed, etc. I'd still keep an antihistamine handy just in case.

·
Banned
2,668 Posts
Being as how a penny is worth 1.7 cents, I might just take that deal.

What kind of pennies are worth 1.7 cents? 1909-1982 are worth 1.96 cents, (excluding 1943 steel penny) and 1982-2010 are worth 0.48 cents, when valued for their metallic content.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My thought was anyone that gets stung that often by that many different stinging insects should quit gardening!:doh:
my thought was how does this person get stung so often.
i have not been stung in ten years by a wasp or hornet and i was a kid last time bee a stung me. granted several did sting me that time.

i started keeping bees in may of this year.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Grab a baseball bat and a friend, have him swing for the fence hitting your shin instead, I promise, you wont be worried about a bee sting any more.

C2

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
i started keeping bees in may of this year.
Wait until a long dearth or arrival of fall (protection of brood and more importantly stores), gentle bees usually are not so gentle anymore...Time is a great teacher :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts