Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered parts for the above extractor?? It's Sunday, August 4th. I was going to extract, brought the equipment into the house, started to set up, and.............................. I forgot I need a new handle :pinch: Last year I started having problems with the handle, so, I need a new crank handle. And a new shaft, as my husband 'modified' the original shaft, thinking I could use a drill motor, which became obvious really quick that it would not work. The crank handle worked for a few years, but since the shaft was 'modified' the crank handle would come off quite frequently. Last year the thingamajig, inside the handle, spleen, I think it is, started to not grab, a friend tried to fix it, but it was a no go, and he tossed the entire handle. I tried a search online for parts, but there is nowhere on Dadants site where you can order parts, so I figure I'll have to call one of their stores. I have the part numbers, but was just wondering has anyone else able to get parts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered parts for my Junior extractor (different model) If you have the owners manual look up the part number. Give Dadant a call. Tell them you need extractor parts.They will redirect you to another number to order the parts.

I needed a bent ¼-20 bolt to hold down the lid on mine. Nice folks. I got the parts in a few days.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Try Penny at Dadant Metal Manufacturing. 217 852-3324

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you WTS and odfrank! I've the manual, and know which part numbers I need. Thanks for the phone number odfrank, I'll call them directly in the morning. Yes I agree WTS, all the Dadant personnel have always been friendly and helpful,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts