Toxicity is not an issue. The bees might have a problem with propolis over the paint. If they cannot control funguses, bacteria, etc. with propolis you might have trouble. Humidity control has been mentioned in some of the beekeeping books as a reason not to paint the inside. Personally, I would not paint the inside of my kitchenware or my food factories called beehives.
A forum community dedicated to beekeeping, bee owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about breeding, honey production, health, behavior, hives, housing, adopting, care, classifieds, and more!