Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to search BeeSource for this without luck.

I have seen a jar lid that has a painted image of a bee on it. It was for sale from a german company. I am relatively certain I saw it here. Anyone know about this lid?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,183 Posts
Searching Beesource for photos that you think you have seen earlier can be frustrating - especially using the search tools available at the site.

One way that often works for me is to use Google, but limit the results to Beesource.com, and use the "Images" function Google offers. While there is a Google Custom Search tool on the Beesource home page that returns only Beesource results, it does not allow you to search images.

Instead, go to a normal Google search box and type (or paste) in this phrase:

lid printed site:beesource.com

You MUST use the "site:" keyword as I have shown it above. After pressing enter and getting results, then select the "Images" tab (instead of the default "Web"). You should see photos at Beesource that are in threads that qualify based on the search term of "lid printed". This is not a perfect tool, as you are actually searching based on the text in the thread, not a description of the photo itself. But it is the best tool that I can offer.

Obviously, you can change the search term if the one I suggested doesn't get you what you want. I did see some printed lids in the results, but I suspect those aren't exactly what you are looking for.

·
Vendor
5,283 Posts
I saw it also. But I believe there was a link to the picture, rather than the picture itself.

·
Super Moderator
11,183 Posts
If the link is to an actual 'picture', then the search method outlined above will still work the same way as if a photo had been actually uploaded to the Beesource server. For instance, the Booger Hill label photo in post #1 of this thread:
http://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?262209-Labels-post-a-picture-of-your-labels!
is a link from Dan's Photobucket account, not an attachment, and yet still shows up in a Google Image search.

However, if the link under discussion is to another PAGE, and the image is just a part of that other page, then search will not find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts