Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the minimum time for airing out equipment after it is painted? I need the nuc boxes that I am painting tomorrow morning on Sunday. Is that long enough time for them to air out?
Thanks
Kingfisher

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Presuming you didn't paint the inside, you should be fine. I have a friend who paints (latex) the hives out in the yards with the bees in them and flying...they seem to do ok...

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Zero time. Paint and use. I might wait the 30 minutes to touch time, but thats it.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not necessarily concerned about the outside. I painted the inside on the migratory nuc covers. Will that hurt them? Thanks for all the feedback that yall have given me this far.
Kingfisher

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Using latex paint 2-4 hours tops to use. If you have overnight or in your case using Sunday your golden.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Painted them this morning. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate all the answers that y'all have given me over the last few months. Beesource is the best!!
Kingfisher

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Paint on the inside doesn't seem to hurt some of the hives I have in old equipment where the bottom boards were painted. I also have some swarm catchers that I used painted boards and the bees don't seem to mind moving into them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts