Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Efff the Padres.

Call a beekeeper and have them collect the swarm while the crowd watches. That would have been vastly more entertaining (and educational) than most baseball games I've seen. No reason for them to kill a swarm!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Sounds like the pest control company needs to get the heat for this one and the Padres get the secondary heat. Hopefully they will end their contract with the company after the bad press they got.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Efff the Padres.

Call a beekeeper and have them collect the swarm while the crowd watches. That would have been vastly more entertaining (and educational) than most baseball games I've seen. No reason for them to kill a swarm!
I completely agree. A wasted opportunity for education and raising public awareness. I'm pretty sure a swarm collection response would have been the right choice...How does one assume that just because that area has africanized genes that this particular swarm carried it?

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
The possibility of a riotous exit from a crowded stadium is not the time to use as a teaching moment. Todays litigious liability lawyers would just salivate at the thought!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts