Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 50 pounds of honey that is surplus, beyond what I need for me, my family, friends and neighbors. I have a friend who does local "farmer's markets" who is happy to buy my honey and sell it from his stand. Can anyone tell me are there rules and regulations about seal type and labeling for honey to be re-sold?

·
Premium Member
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
There are rules and they vary from state to state. You will need to check the NJ laws. Usually small cottage industry vendors are exempt from some of the stricter regulations. The laws are pretty specific about what information needs to appear on a label.

·
Registered
145 Posts
most states the beekeeper or immediate family can sell the honey with out a license. I would recommend that you sell the honey in a 5 gal. bucket, let him worry about reselling the honey.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
There are rules and they vary from state to state. You will need to check the NJ laws. Usually small cottage industry vendors are exempt from some of the stricter regulations. The laws are pretty specific about what information needs to appear on a label.
This is what you need to do.

In Colorado under the cottage industry laws I have specific labeling requirements. I am also not allowed to sell my honey to someone else with the intention that they would resell it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts