Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a supplier that ships bees in a package similar to what Kelly used to ship: A screened cube containing approx. 3# of bees, with the queen in her own small, screened container which has a sugar-plugged hole for the workers to release her through. For installation, the queen's container is removed, with the plug exposed, and placed within the colony's new home and the workers dumped out on or nearby.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
According to advertisements in the latest issue of Bee Culture, there is Wilbanks in GA, Mountain Sweet Honey (706 area code), Koehnen & Sons in CA, R. Weaver (936 area code), Queen Right Colonies in CA, Roberts Bee Company in GA, BZ-Bee in CA, Strachan in CA, Honey Bee Genetics (707 area code), Gardner Apiaries/Spell Bee Co. in GA, Simpson's in OH, Winters Apiaries in TN and Mann Lake.

And then there's google and duckduckgo that will give you a whole bunch more.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I got mine from Mann Lake and they are doing excellent. They came with only a few dead bees at the bottom, the queen has a good laying pattern, and they arrived the day after shipment. However, my queen cage did not come with a candy plug so I just left it in there for 3 days and replaced the cork with marshmallow to keep her from flying away with a direct release. They had her out in a few hours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts