Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Here are some pictures from my 2 new hives. These are brand new starts, so there were some learned lessons with closing down the space in the hive to keep comb from places I did not want it. Started the frames with nothing more than the wedge flipped and glued into place. Enjoy and post feedback!

Focused the camera on the eggs/larva in the 'gaps' in the laying pattern. These were filled with food at one time, but now have eggs or larva in them when the food was moved or eaten.
IMG_0005.jpg

Her royal highness out for a stroll.
IMG_0011.jpg

More larvae to be capped soon.
IMG_0084.jpg

Pollen now coming in from the field - no more pollen patties supplemental feeding
IMG_0013.jpg

This hive had a few false starts and some bees drifted to the adjacent hive. Although slower than the other, a good start with clean comb. There are 5 frames of 8 about this size.
IMG_0104.jpg

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Great pictures! Looks like they are off to a good start!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I wish I could show them bigger on Beesource so you don't have to squint. If there is a way to publish them larger, please do tell! The camera I use is a full frame censor, so lots of pixels that get lost when I upload them here.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Thanks! I wish I could show them bigger on Beesource so you don't have to squint. If there is a way to publish them larger, please do tell! The camera I use is a full frame censor, so lots of pixels that get lost when I upload them here.
When we click on the thumbnail it enlarges in a different window. I'm sure this is done to safe space on the server.

Great pics BTW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts