Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where does a beekeeper get new package bee equipment? I'm looking for the boxes and feed cans. I'm looking for someone on the west coast, preferrably as close to the Canadian border as possible. I don't think anybody makes them on this side of the border. Replies appreciated.

Jean-Marc

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Joe. Ian I'm thinking of it. Seems like beekeepers like to buy packages instead of nucs, not sure why. From a beekeeping point of view I think you can make way more packages in a day than you can nucs, so that could be good for us. My bees are kinda on fire and I need to harvest the bees in a more efficient way. Gotta keep tyhemout of the trees.

Jean-Marc

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Must be rookie beekeepers then. I would take a nuc over a package any day of the week. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joe I called Koehnon and Sons and they said they didn't sell that, somebody else made the boxes for them, a place called Brittnee's Honey from Bremerton., Washington. I don't have a contact number for them though. It's kinda close to home, not more than 3 hours.

Jean-Marc

·
Super Moderator
1,899 Posts
Is it me Jean-marc, or is it getting harder to ask a simple question and get straight answers to THAT QUESTION?

Anyway, try Snow Peak Apiaries, Lebanon Oregon.
541-451-3752

·
Registered
197 Posts
Must be rookie beekeepers then. I would take a nuc over a package any day of the week. :rolleyes:
I think you're right - I was a rookie beekeeper last year (I probably still am this year!) and started with a package. Later in the year I also got a nuc. I can see how the nuc is more "advanced" as far as build-up is concerned. But there's something about watching that 3 pound box of bees you shook into the hive set up home!

-- Steven

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Jean-Marc,

Sorry for the outdated information. A friend of mine used to purchase empty packages from Koehnens and I just assumed they were still selling them.

Glad you found a source closer to home.

Joe

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Joe, when I called asking receptionist said no can do, sooooo... time to call Britnnees. Thanks Countryboy.

Jean-Marc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts