Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 10 day gap between my 2nd and 3rd treatment ( I was striper fishing in Cape Cod), I was doing the 5 day schedule thing, I just did my 4th treatment. Should I wait another 5 days and do a 5th treatment because of the missed days?

------------------
"To bee or not to bee, that is the question"

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,192 Posts
When I did it I only did two treaments seven days apart and one in the spring and had no mites. But I did wait until brood rearing ended first. IMO you don't need that many. You should have already gotten any that were in a capped cell when you started.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know this is going to be redundant but I have searched and can't seem to find the answer. How are you applying your oxalic acid? Is it in a fogger or do you use something else to vaporize it? I have a package from this spring and want to make sure I help them as much as possible.

Thanks

Darrell

·
Registered
711 Posts
Go to Lowe's or Home Depot. A well stocked paint store will have it. It is sold in a crystal form to be mixed with water as a wood bleaching agent. Lowe's had 2 kinds. One had a OA and another ingreedent and the one was straight OA. Just check the ingreedent list. Easy to get and cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts