Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do u have good control if u don't seal the entrance for 10 min like suggested?

the same for screen bottom boards? mine are on screened bottom pallets!

·
Vendor
5,284 Posts
Some one in a post that I can't now find, did parallel the batteries in a wagon and it worked just fine. On the ScBB, insert the vaporizer in on one side of the hive and use coroplast on the rest........ that little opening won't affect the treatment. Most of the vapors rise....

On openings ...... just throw a wet towel/burlap/anything over an opening.........

·
Premium Member
6,176 Posts
I do the same as Camero. I think I tried sealing the first time but decided it would be fine without it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
borrowed a friends today to try and I got to tell u that if u are doing over 25 hives you are gonea need a larger battery and another vaporizer if u are going to make time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
>the same for screen bottom boards? mine are on screened bottom pallets! '

Make an insert you can slide in the door to block the bottom.
mike, I tried using a friends today on my palletized hives and I cant fit the vaporizer in with the core-plastic insert that I used to cover the screen bottom on the pallet

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
You could use the corroplast under a screen but if you have to put something on top immediately under the vaporizer, I would suggest aluminum or steel. Takes up virtually no height and wont melt from vaporizer heat.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I take a pizza box lid cut to size for blocking off the SBB. I set the vaporizer on top of a few layers of aluminum foil and slide it in. I haven't burned down a hive yet.......yet.

·
Registered
449 Posts
While looking at OA offered for sale on eBay , I ran across an auction that indicates that OA can be mixed with water and dribbled on the bees . A quote from the auction - (as recomended by the British Beekeepers Association) ,... Anybody care to share their opinion on this method ?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
borrowed a friends today to try and I got to tell u that if u are doing over 25 hives you are gonea need a larger battery and another vaporizer if u are going to make time.
It's fast if you have two, I sit the battery between, start one, then start the other while the first cools. While the second cools, move to the next set. I use a small car battery with a handle. Never needed more battery. I do like to have a wet rag or water bucket available to really cool them off. The only time i've ever made the bees mad is sticking a hot unit into a hive and hitting a cluster of bees.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts