Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new keeper and have 2 hives that are 10 frame mediums with brand new frames and the plastic foundation dipped in wax. It seems the bees aren’t too willing to work outwards so the outer 2 frames on both sides aren’t really touched. I did another medium above the one with the NUC frames and they seem to be drawing out that comb albeit slowly and again in the center. Will they eventually, as numbers increase, build out all of the frames. These will basically be my brood boxes. I am feeding sugar syrup to provide the resources for them to build and they are. I’m just curious about the outer frames. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Will they ; yes. Will it be faster to rotate the frames in and move drawn frames out; yes.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Even if there might be brood in then?
I would expect brood on the inside only and syrup on the outer side. Then I would not flip if brood is on outside . Sounds like the queen is laying faster than comb is being drawn or feeding rate is too high so they are squeezing her for laying space. You do not want to feed so fast they go swarm mode on you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts