Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering the book OTS Queen Rearing -- does anyone have experience with this book? Looks to be about 100 pages and sells for about $50 -- which seems kind of expensive.

I would pay it if it is considered good information.

Hoping for a book review from those who have read it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
His web site has the book listed. You can look at the table of contents and it appears to have about 100 pages.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have it and really like it, you guys are right a lot of his technics are on his web-site but he has changed some and added more info.
anyway I would recommend it

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have purchased it and think it is good information. I have raised 5 queens so far this year using his method. Easy and works great. I intend to double that next year.

There is some (not much) new information but I like to hold a book in my hands and have the pertinent parts underlined and handy to access. The pictures in the book help a lot and are a visual method of learning that I don't get from the videos. Also, I had a question and emailed Mel and received a prompt and complete response to my question.

If I were a book reviewer by trade, I would give this 5 of 5 stars and will continue to use this method.

kq

1 - 6 of 6 Posts