Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Nice vid. Only got up to 50F here in S. Alabama today so flights were minimal. Still, a few Bees managed to find pollen. Couple days ago it got to 62F and they were finding quite a bit.:):):)

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Oooooh! ,..music to my ears [and eyes],..thanks. You could see the two bees with their Nasonov glands up; abdomens more erect than when simply fanning. Just curious, it sounds like a crow in the background but what's the other bird that is singing? Reminds me to watch a video I took from last summer that I forgot to play.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi,
thanks for watching my video, we haven't seen so many out in about a month, it's been wet and cold (well cold for here :) )

but what's the other bird that is singing?
I'm afraid I'm not much of a birder, so I have no idea.
Mostly wrens, finches, chickadees and sparrows around the back yard so maybe one of them.

·
Registered
663 Posts
In our part of the Pacific Northwest -- the Portland, Oregon area -- it was around 40-45 yesterday and I had orientation flights at many of my Warre hives as well. I was in another part of the yard and a bee landed on my face, making me wonder what on earth the bee was doing...until I looked over and saw the clouds of bees hovering in front of each hive. :) They certainly took advantage of a brisk, sunny December day!

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts