Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I really did it on purpose. I extracted some fall crop Saturday and put the extractor out today to see how many bees would find it. These are from a feral hive behind my office.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Wow..with those whimpy arms of yours I'm surprised you have a hand crank extractor. :D

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They used to be whimpy. Now I eat 2 pounds of Nutra-Bee for breakfast every morning. My arms look like popeye's now. :D

·
Super Moderator
6,176 Posts
I always do that quite some distance from the house...usually behind the horse barn. Last year, I went to carry the extractor out and got a phone call. Put the extractor down in the driveway. By the time I got back to it, the driveway was clouded in bees. Really slowed down my son who was trying to tune up his car!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I found I had to put the thing on its side or I had boocoo drowned bees in the little pool of honey that forms around the bottom edges.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I will. I am borrowing this one from a friend whose dad was a keeper. I like free, but I hate hand cranking. I plan on you hooking me up sometime next year.

And I want my extractor shipped with suspenders! :p:D

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a goog looking extractor.

Welcome to the forum Crawfish! Do you specialize in crawfish. Or do you back pedel when you get yelled at? :D

I could go for about 20lbs of boiled crawfish right now. yum!!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I have found that a puddle of honey drowns bees also so I just sprinkle a little hay on the honey which usually results in very few dead bees.

·
Registered
819 Posts
The first year I had my extractor I left it out for the bees to clean. The next day there were about 200 dead bees in the bottom. That was the last time I did that.

-T

1 - 15 of 15 Posts