Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice. I installed a couple packages yesterday (Monday afternoon) in SE Michigan, but forgot to remove the cork from the queen cage on one. It was almost 60 degrees yesterday, but it's 36 and blowing snow today. The forecast is pretty cold (43/27 Wed 48/36 Thurs) and then Friday it'll get up to 54. Wondering if I should go disrupt them to remove the cork soon....or if I should wait until Friday when it's warmer. Advice welcome! Thank you. Hugh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,558 Posts
The bees will be feeding and loving her through the cage; I would wait till Friday. You could puncture the candy then (careful!) since they will have had time for acceptance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,557 Posts
By Friday you should be able to direct release. You package would have been made up sometime last week so she will have been with the package for over a week by then.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top