Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two packages are one week old today --- I've noticed about 3 00 to 4 30 PM, when the sun hits just right on the hives, there is a flurry of activity --- huge amounts pour out of the hives, and today it worried me, but they did go back in.

They have been otherwise bringing in pollen, being very calm. Acting 'normal' for settled in bees, really.

This one time of day they seem to really get extremely active, not just arriving or leaving, but flying above. The hive tops aren't terribly hot, just warm.

Anything to be concerned with? I've watched swarms pour out in similar fashion and I'm still worried about absconding when I see these things. Both queens are out, didn't see brood yet a few days ago.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Yep, all the bees of proper age come out and orient (i.e. mark the location of the hive/entrance) at usually peak temperature during the day or typically around 4:30pm for me, can almost set your watch to it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow did not realize that, thanks guys, I'm relieved to hear that! I'll be watching for it from now on! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts