Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10457600_620777471140_2299904798722270293_n.jpg

Three questions:

1) The small clump in the bottom middle, is it normal? I've seen a lot of them on the board, but never seen them clump like this.

2) You can see at least one bee bringing in orange pollen. Does anyone have a clue what might be blooming around here for them to bring that in (Central AL). They are bringing in loads of it.

3) I have noticed some SHB in the top most super... been there no more than 8 days, and I'm building a bottom board beetle trap oil pan and have some beetle blasters on the way, but I've notices a strong "honey" smell coming from the hive. Before I found the beetles I just assumed that was normal, but read somewhere on here that beetle infestations can cause fermenting. Any thoughts?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
1) It appears that the clump of bees are gathered around a spill of some sort.

2) I don't have any idea what blooming there, but as long as they're returning with their pockets full, it's a good thing.

3) Not a clue or thought on this one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AugustC, that chart is quite helpful! Judging from that I'm going to guess dandelion

Several of you have mentioned a spill and I can see why, problem is, I have no idea what would have been spilled out there no one has been around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts