Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is the first time I'll inspect the hive to see if there is brood. We installed on April 22. It is windy AGAIN but it is partially sunny and 70 degrees. The wind gusts are 30 mph so I'll have to move fast but I can't put this off any longer since the temps are dropping to the 50's after today with rain and clouds until next week.

There is a major traffic jam at the entrance of the hive. In class we were told not to go to the larger entrance until we added the 2nd hive body but hubby says I should do it now. Any thoughts on that?

**Crossing fingers that the girls are happy with me today!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FYI: when I say MAJOR traffic jam I mean MAJOR! There is a cloud of bees in front of the hive waiting to get in but so many are at the entrance it is grand central station.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Take off the entrance reducer.
You can always block half of it with some grass, but it sounds like you need to open it up to allow for better traffic flow.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top