Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
You're definitely one of the critical people, Roland. You're up there with MP, Oldtimer, Lauri, fusion_power, JWChesnut, Jim Lyon, and the other elite of respected folks who post VERY intelligent beekeeping advice.

I'm not trying to hijack anything, just thinking about providing a "Zero Ads / zero spyware" or at least minimal ads parallel universe.

It may be a smart thing to try these other browsers with better controls first. I used to use Mozilla Firefox before the fire took my old laptop, and I had Eset Security on it. Eset solved all my problems except the email spammers. A really nasty in-person incident with a local pest got him off my back. I showed up at his work (well disguised, of course) and set off a stink bomb. 40 to 50 customers left. Then I went home and answered one of his spam emails with a strong suggestion that he stop emailing me, or I'd upgrade to a more concentrated stench. It worked.

One of my favorite solutions is to give an out-of-date email address when ordering on an on-line catalog that requires an email. That way all the "bargain ads" go to 1998. Oh yeah, that reminds me, I should go flush last year's spam down the drain on that account.

The start-a-new-forum idea could be a back-up plan that we get active on and prepare for - look into how much effort / hardware is involved? I can head up to visit a buddy who works for a very high-level computer organization who would spell out the big picture to me in about 30 minutes, and probably start the process right then and there on his cell phone.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Gypsi - thank you for the "been there, done that" anecdote. That helps keep me from getting too rambunctious and doing something foolhardy. Sounds like you'd be a huge help if it came down to actually doing it, though.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
You must be thinking of some other "Roland"., You are way too kind.

Let's see what "Fate" has in mind, and which way the winds of change are blowing.

Crazy Roland

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Gypsi - thank you for the "been there, done that" anecdote. That helps keep me from getting too rambunctious and doing something foolhardy. Sounds like you'd be a huge help if it came down to actually doing it, though.
I don't know the new software, but I have been thru it as a user on both forums involved. so I can troubleshoot some of the logistics.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts