Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,167 Posts
Do you think we can get them to do a retraction for "plant-based honey is made from a variety of natural ingredients, including sugar, apple juice, and natural flowers"
I think you may be misunderstanding what they wrote. The "plant-based honey is made from a variety of natural ingredients, including sugar, apple juice, and natural flowers" quote is referring to their "Honea", which they also say is "bee-free honey". :eek:

Of course, "bee-free honey" is an oxymoron, as generally, if bees did not make it, it can't be called "honey". Thus the product itself is called "Honea", but that doesn't stop the story author from getting confused. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
You'll notice that the jar itself isn't labelled 'honey', as that would be contrary to EU consumer laws and constitute false advertising under UK law - so it's left to the writer to embellish the story and thus mislead people. It's just a marketing tactic to take money off the fast-growing Vegan lobby.
I'd suggest this is treated with the contempt it deserves.
LJ

·
Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
Oh my God! I'm killing my bees by taking honey from them. And selective breeding is making them more susceptible to disease.The Doomsday clock has just moved one minute closer to midnight.

And here I thought that all honey was plant-based.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Little_john,

Some do, but I know of one who let her friends convince her to switch to almond milk and the baby lost weight and died. She ended up in jail because of it. They should just listen to their instincts, the baby was always hungry no matter how much 'almond milk' she had so let her have what she really wanted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts