Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tips would you tell someone doing OAV treatments for the first time?
This year I decided to treat after seeing a few mites. This is my first time, any words of advice ? I already have a vaporizer and some oxcalic acid. The vaporizer just came in, thats why I am alitte late.
Here is a varroa I saw on a bee.
Varroa mite on Honeybee video

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
5,785 Posts
Hey Jake, welcome to Beesource. Please take a moment to edit your profile to include your location, plant hardiness zone, and any other information which you would like to share about yourself, including your website.

·
Registered
6a 3rd yr 5 production hives 1/ 2 q resource hive
467 Posts
Welcome. Be relentless and persistent until they are destroyed. OAV correct dose every 3 days. Do not let up. Seeing them on a bee may mean mite load is high. Forgive yourself but let it strengthen your resolve.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Jake, welcome to Beesource. Please take a moment to edit your profile to include your location, plant hardiness zone, and any other information which you would like to share about yourself, including your website.
I will. I'm new here and haven't fully figured out how everything operates. But I will figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
5,785 Posts
Jake, at the top of your screen is a small picture of your avatar or initial. Click on it and scroll down to account settings. You can edit your profile from there. This version of Beesource just went live yesterday so we are all learning as we go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts