Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying a oa vaporizer to treat with this fall. I have 2 questions I read you can buy oa from ebay or ace hardware, checking on both places, on ebay a 12 oz. pail is selling for $7-8 on the ace website it looks the same pail and says $125 is there haz. fees on shipping from ebay, or something I am missing? Also was wondering if oa does anything against shb ?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
No need to buy OA on the internet. I bought my little pail of "Savogran" brand wood bleach from Ace Hardware for around $7. It was in the paint section. The transaction was super simple and cheap. For my dozen hives, it should last a few decades.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Thinking of buying a oa vaporizer to treat with this fall. I have 2 questions I read you can buy oa from ebay or ace hardware, checking on both places, on ebay a 12 oz. pail is selling for $7-8 on the ace website it looks the same pail and says $125 is there haz. fees on shipping from ebay, or something I am missing? Also was wondering if oa does anything against shb ?
I bought a 10lb bag for less than 20 bucks. Free shipping.

This is not the same add, but it's just like it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OXALIC-ACID...aultDomain_0&hash=item4619335ff6#ht_807wt_867

·
Registered
141 Posts
a 12 oz. pail is selling for $7-8 on the ace website it looks the same pail and says $125 is there haz. fees on shipping from ebay, or something I am missing? Also was wondering if oa does anything against shb ?
Look again, that's for a 12 pack. Most hardware stores should have it in singles. I got mine at my local "Do it Best" hardware.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Quote Originally Posted by beefarmer View Post
Also was wondering if oa does anything against shb ?

Unfortunately, it does not..........
Mix oxalic acid with water at a 1:1 concentration. Drop in a SHB. I bet it would dissolve it. :lpf:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts