Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I did an OA treatment on some frames last year that were then cleared and used as a honey super this year... is that honey no good for human consumption?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
Honey is safe to be consumed by humans when it's exposed to Oxalic acid.

Oxalic acid does not contaminate honey comb or any part of the beehive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Agree you are safe. In countries that allow extended release pads, sometimes it is recommended to separate the pads from honey supers by one box. But you probably used the dribble or vaporization.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top