Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started using these awhile ago on removals. At that time I would use a cotton inner glove because of sweating and to give me extra stinging protection. I had a pair of leather gloves but I left them out and I think some of the local wildlife took off with one and tore up the other. So I started using these to bee keep. Now these are my standard glove. Nyplex gloves are made by "Mr. Clean" and by "Skillcraft" They are white and a bit thicker than regular cleaning gloves. They are not "Nitrile or Latex". What I like the most is I can clean them between inspections and they last just about a season depending on how much use I give them. The price (about $3.75) is also right. I guess the down side is that they do tear once in a while and my hands to sweat in them. I turn them inside out to dry after washing them. I get them at Ace Hardware, Lowes, and the local Wal-mart. For those who want to were gloves but want deterity these work. If the bees do try to sting I have found that the stinger doesn't penitrate the glove.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts