Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks like gusts to 75mph tomorrow into monday with a bunch of snow behind the falling temps and damaging winds!

I have all my hives ratchet died down and together in groups of 4-5 hives with cinder blocks on top....really hope thats enough to prevent tip overs/blow overs.

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
I let a balloon go at the house, sent a friend in Mass. an email to watch for it out his window, he said he wasn't sure something went by so fast he couldn't see the color:rolleyes: blew the tops off some nucs that didn't have bees in them, and the street is littered with those garbage cans that the trucks pick up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine seemed to have stayed together throughout the wind storm. I usually keep a strap over them anyways just for piece of mind. I’m not sure what the gusts made it up to here, but it was strong enough to blow a back door open. The dead bolt wasn’t secured and evidently the latch wasn’t enough to keep it closed. It was a little exciting for a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I let a balloon go at the house, sent a friend in Mass. an email to watch for it out his window, he said he wasn't sure something went by so fast he couldn't see the color:rolleyes: blew the tops off some nucs that didn't have bees in them, and the street is littered with those garbage cans that the trucks pick up.
thank God my hives were all ok this am
> they are all pushed together and ratchet strapped together and have cinder blocks on top of them but i was still worried!
Hoping this was the end of the crazy weather but somehow i doubt that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts