Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife called back in the winter and reserved a nuc from this company. The website still says they'll start be be available in late May. It's mid-June and we haven't heard anything from them. We've called, and the phone always goes to voice mail. They have not responded to email, or the voice mail that I left. I ordered queens from them last year, and they delivered promptly. I'm more frustrated by the lack of communication than I am by the delay with the nuc. Has anyone else had any dealings with this company this year?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Shortly after posting this I called again and got right through. He's got our nuc, and says he called a few weeks ago and left a message for us. I am ever more suspicious of how reliable phones and voice mail are. Regardless, this just goes to reinforce my superstition about getting the outcome that I want shortly after complaining publicly about something. I'm going to go buy a lottery ticket and then complain on a forum about never winning now. All is well. Carry on.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
JayC
From the dealings I have had with Tim you can take his word to the bank thats my 2¢

·
Registered
373 Posts
another vote of confidence for Tim, I've only had good dealings with Honey Run and I would recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Honey Run Apiaries has never let me down. I order pretty much all of my queen rearing equipment from them. Two thumbs up for the in stock listings next to each product. I love knowing what I am ordering is available and ready to be shipped!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Tim is a really hard guy to get ahold of, but he's super nice, knowledgeable, and he's always responded to my inquiries within a couple days. I picked up my nuc last night, and it was definitely worth the wait! I got a medium super absolutely jam-packed full of bees; not the 5 frame nuc you get most places. Keep trying; the quality is worth it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I received three queens from him yesterday. I agree his communication could be better such as confirming your order. However I have to give him credit for shipping the queens before he even had his paypal money. Curious to see how well the queens perform.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts