Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...all year i was paranoid about robbing, ID'd maiden flights, and other things as not robbing...except this morning. i went out all ready to do a full inspection, and found...hundred's of dead bees in front of hive, a mass of bees buzzing around entrance and top entrance, and massive wrestling, tumbling, biting, carrying out, etc...so this is robbing! luckily the hive is pretty strong and the girls are tough. so i closed the top entrance, reduced the front entrance way down to one bee (about 3/4") and crossed my fingers. they are still coming in with pollen, i will check on them tonight and see how they are doing.

how did robbing start? well stupid beekeeper tricks...i put on a top feeder with syrup/honey b healthy and we are in a dearth and i left a little top entrance open...will never do that again lesson learned.

i just hope everything is ok, and all the dead bees were the robbers...now time to get to work on a robber screen...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Sounds like you've got it covered very well. You were right about the upper entrance. Bet they are Italians?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.