Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,003 Posts
I'm no stranger to forum usage...but for some reason, I'm not getting email notifications of subscribed threads...never have here.
Is there something I'm missing...not in spam/junk folder either.
Well, I took a look at your "Settings" page. On my end, I saw that your setting: "Receive emails from Admin?" was set to "No".

So I changed that to "Yes". :)

I then also told the System to send you a test email message, and it appears that it was successful, at least at least at the Beesource email server end.

Did that make a difference?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I took a look at your "Settings" page. On my end, I saw that your setting: "Receive emails from Admin?" was set to "No".

So I changed that to "Yes". :)

I then also told the System to send you a test email message, and it appears that it was successful, at least at least at the Beesource email server end.

Did that make a difference?
Nope...did not get a test email and did not get an email when you replied to this thread as I should as I have settings to subscribe to any thread I comment upon.

·
Super Moderator
10,444 Posts
kevin, i sent you a pm showing the email address currently in you profile.

have you tried selecting 'subscribe to this thread' under the 'thread tools' menu at the top of the page?

you shouldn't have to as you are set up for automatic notifications in your profile, just wondering if you get notified that way.

·
Super Moderator
10,444 Posts
kevin, i started a thread in the verticalscope support forum with a link to this thread. hopefully doing so will result in a support ticket for your issue.

·
Administrator
397 Posts
I'm no stranger to forum usage...but for some reason, I'm not getting email notifications of subscribed threads...never have here.
Is there something I'm missing...not in spam/junk folder either.
Hello there,

Please try adding [email protected] and [email protected] to your emails' contact/safe sender list.
Let us know if this worked.

Ed

·
Administrator
397 Posts
Hello there,

I would suggest looking into your spam folder as well.
Some users mark our emails as spam thus, the email service provider would direct them to the spam folder.

Ed

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello there,

I would suggest looking into your spam folder as well.
Some users mark our emails as spam thus, the email service provider would direct them to the spam folder.

Ed
lol...yeah...I've done it all...they are just not being sent here. It's ok...have a good day.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Out of curiosity, are most of the people not receiving their PM and notifications on Gmail?

I am fairly certain I know where the problem lies, but it's going to take getting together with your web host to resolve it. In an effort to thwart more spam, some of the major email providers have started blocking mail sources (like vBulletin) from sending to their domains. You will need them to update the SPF record and make sure there is a reverse dns entry on the pointing DNS server this domain uses. We have seen this behavior recently in another forum I manage. Give it a try.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Mine is more on than off now. Can't say I have found any definite no notices lately. Occasional "No new Postings".

1 - 20 of 23 Posts