Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got two hives from a local beek around the 12th of may... I then recieved 2 packages from rweaver, and proceeded to work with them..

last week i put my 2nd deep on all 4...

here are my issues..

One hive had an original queen sighting, but there was a peanut cell. i took it off... the brood was ... ok i guess..

hive 2 had lots of brood, but i know that i have seen open queen cells in this one...

hive 3 had iffy brood

and hive 4 had iffy brood but bees were coming out of the small crack between the 2nd deep and the lid... LOTs of bees..

so i dont know if three out of 4 had the original queens, but one of them had NICE brood..

When i mean iffy brood i mean capped larvae...I saw white larvae in all, but i didnt see a lot... and i did see eggs, but again... not a lot.. but it was getting dark, so i might check again this weekend...

i have a nuc coming in from bushymountains.. and queen rearing cups and racks, cause i wanted to try making more hives in the fall..

so im not sure whats going on...i was wanting to see alot of capped brood..

maybe im just griping.. i dunno...

is there a difference between a worker cell transformed into a queen cell (cup) and a peanut cell? other than one is bigger? :)

just need ing opinions..

d

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I would wait until this weekend and take your time with each one so you know where you stand.....then make your decisions on what to do from there!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts