Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,075 Posts
My first 2 swarms caught in traps last year was April 20th and 21st.

Depending on what you have for your flow. Mine seems to start about April 10th - May with Clover, Vetch, Horse Mint, Indian Blanket, and other wildflowers at different times. Then I get the mesquite flow in June. It last about a month.

· Registered
382 Posts
Up in Amarillo I usually start getting swarm calls around April 15-20. Peaches and pears typically begin blooming around March 25 and Apples about three weeks later. Not sure about the mesquite but I'll be watching this year. Good luck.

· Registered
135 Posts
I have seen swarms in early March in some years, before any of the trees leaf out. Our main honey flow is mid May to mid June; it is usually indian blanket and horsemint. If you watch craigslist in the spring you see when the swarms are starting in Dallas. Typically our first swarms are a little later than Dallas.

· Registered
4,075 Posts
Maple pollen rating was moderate today. They early bloom with the cold my have killed the early buds. Maybe a rebloom is in order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.