10 days ago I drove to a supplier and picked up two 3# packages of bees (with marked queens) and installed them that evening into two hives. Each hive had two frames of drawn brood comb, with the rest of the frames containing wax foundation. I put 1:1 sugar water into hive-top feeders on both hives.
I inspected the hives 4 days after installation and saw that both queens had been released. Today I inspected both hives again and I see larvae in one hive (no capped brood -- all brood cells still uncapped) but no larvae in the other. They are putting up nectar and pollen in the classic half-moon pattern (at top of frame), but I don't see any eggs or any larvae in this hive. I DID see the marked queen today (in both hives).
Should I be concerned, after 10 days, that something is wrong (in the hive with no larvae)? Should I contact the supplier and request a new queen, or give it a few days and check again? How long can I afford to wait?
I'm in North Texas (DFW area). The weather over the last 10 days has been 50-ish, with many days of cloudy/rain (if that matters).