Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very thankful for what I have and my family, however as a first year beak, I did not get any bee stuff, and they all know of my new found passion. I was hoping for some gift certificates or equipment. Something. Just got clothes. Highly disappointed. Always the birthday, time to start dropping hints.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I found subtle hints don't work. I get a sheet of paper, write Company, Catalogue Number, description, catalogue page number, 800 telephone number, and give it to spouse... got some nice bee stuff this year! :lpf:

·
Registered
297 Posts
No hinting here. I just opened my brand new "The Hive and the Honey Bee". I bought it, "sold" it to the better half, and got it back as the perfect gift:D

·
Registered
574 Posts
I dropped hints to the grandparents that their grandson might get stung to pieces if he had to go on swarm calls and cut-outs with me without having a bee-suit... so my son opened up a nice new children's bee suit and gloves this morning. :D

As for myself, I sent out a list with web addresses to the exact items I needed and quantities that I could possibly use, but got cash, so I'll be getting my own... which is just fine by me.

·
Banned
840 Posts
I expect nothing. that way, If I get nothing, I'm not disappointed.

If I do get something, hey, more than I expected. how nice.

I don't drop hints, I buy what I need. my wife however, once in a while pays attention to when I talk about something I want, but never will shell out to pay for. so that's usually where the gift ideas come from.

Big Bear

·
Registered
514 Posts
My mom asked my what i wanted. "i told her that i could use some money for beeking at some point if she had it. She always made it sound like thats what I was getting. So I open up the first gift and it was a printer. I am thinking gee, what am i supposed to do with this. my computer barley works as it is, if I hook this up it might explode. I opened the second gift and it was a LAPTOP. I am writing this post on it now. the only thing i gotta to is rescue my music from my old computer. This one .is fast too. So I guess i will just save more per week than normal.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year

·
Registered
645 Posts
Give em all honey next year and dont spend a dime on em. Then drive em nuts telling them everything you know about bees even after they start ignoring you. Then take all that money you saved and buy bee stuff.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Just because we have the passion about our girls, doesn't mean that our other halves have the same passion. More or less, they listen to us and likely tune us out after about an hour or two. A Super to them probably means the same as a hive tool.

Unless they were a fellow beek, they wouldn't have a clue on exactly what to order and would likely feel overwhelmed trying to make a choice, so cash comes as the gift and as always it is always the right size. :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I live in Wilkes Co. NC, home to Miller Bee Supply and Brushy Mtn. In fact my in-laws live 1 mile away from Brushy Mountain. Both places have gift certificates, yet none in my stocking or gift wrapped. I would rather have coal and switches at this point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts