Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Interesting to note that Fox is the only major news website today giving major attention to the rancher that was killed by what they believe was an illegal immigrant crossing the border.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
How do you all know this? Do you listen to all the other news outlets too? I heard about it on NPR.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Interesting to note that Fox is the only major news website today giving major attention to the rancher that was killed by what they believe was an illegal immigrant crossing the border.
I regret commenting on this post. I should have told you to take it to Tailgater NewbeeNnc. That is where such stuff is discussed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
why is that a surprise? its the echo chamber for angry white people.
Bud, you are what IMO would be refered to as a "FLAMER".
Kinda like throwing gasoline on a fire, I guess.?
Cheer up a bit and grab a positive attitude.
Offer a positive solution rather than attacking the poster.

We are in this together, hobby,sideline or commercial.
BM

·
Banned
4,229 Posts
What I found interesting was that the beekeeper in the article was able to carve out an organic, specialty honey, market for himself.

I just hope you don't have to live on an island to do so.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It was a very interesting article.
To bad they high jacked the thread and went
:eek:t: :doh: :eek:t:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Nice article -- At first, I was skeptical when they said organic. but reading it where they are in the middle of nowhere, I can see how they label it such.

Wouldn't that be fun to be with your bees 12 months a year and they are always happy. Always available nectar.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
"My father controls the areas they forage and the distances they go" Hmmm..does he use a leash?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I purchased some of that honey from Costco a few months back. It was good but too dark / molasses-flavored for me.

There's a local blackberry honey here that I can't get enough of!

·
Banned
4,229 Posts
the picture looks like he is using top bar hives. wonder if all 1500 are?:eek:
Since he's organic, that makes some sense.

However, if he wants to increase production, the consensus seems to be that he should go to frameless langstroths.

IMHO.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Or build a few hives at the same price, and do some splits. Should make him even more money unless there are so many bees in the area that they have to compete for forage.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts