Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lets see, I have had a hive before for about 3 years but they got taken over by mites. I am currently in the navy stationed in Japan, but I am wanting to get back into bee keeping when I get back to the states. I am possibly going to wind up in Wyoming when I get back to the states. Just looking to increase my knowledge while I am unable to have my own hive out here, also wanting to build my own equipment when I get back into it. Well I guess thats about all about me, if there are any questions just let me know.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
welcome, and THANK YOU for your service to our country.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will look into them. Not joining any yet, prolly will when I get back home though. Troy, thats right down 79 from me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
EMBA has a pretty good forum that I think is free. They charge like $10 for individual membership or $15 for family. Three River’s membership is free, but their website is under construction. Three Rivers is new, but a good group. EMBA is more formal with their meets. Three Rivers is more loosely organized. EMBA has better classes. Three Rivers is more flexible with their meeting and the time they have the building for, so you can hang out a talk more. I go to Three Rivers more then EMBA, mainly because it is easier for me to get to. Missouri State Beekeepers has an OK website & forum, but no one uses it much. The State group only meets twice per year. I belong to all three. The state site is:

http://www.mostatebeekeepers.org/

Troy, MO is at the intersection of Hwy 61 & Hwy 47. The eastern end of Hwy 47 ends at the intersection of Hwy 47 & Hwy 79 in Winfield, MO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats right, see what 2 years away will do to a guy. Its highway 61, I am off highway P, 79 is on the other side of P. Thanks for all the great information will have some reading to do.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Kyle, 1st. thank you for your service sir! Japan, mainland or islands? Pretty fair duty station I'm thinnking. Just had a guy join our department - Seabee -who was stationed there.

Good plans here for bee equipment and plenty of time to dream and draw. Hope you'll make time to vist with us and regale us with some of your Navy tails on the appropriate threads!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Speaking of which does anyone know of any beeks that are over on this side of the pond(Japan) Preferably around the Yokosuka area? I am on the main land on a ship, so this is just a glorified port visit for us.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts