Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a silly question, and I may be impatient. I have placed a new package of bees in my TBH on April 19th queen was released three day later. I am feeding 1 quart of sugar syrup every three days. I have done inspection two days ago and they are drawing comb out on 6 bars but only half way across. I figured that they would have at least one or two fully drawn out by now? They have capped honey as well as capped brood and pollen in cells. is this normal and I am just impatient. Newbie that wants to be reassured that all is ok!! please help!!

·
Registered
About 40 Colonies
6,498 Posts
This may be a silly question, and I may be impatient. I have placed a new package of bees in my TBH on April 19th queen was released three day later. I am feeding 1 quart of sugar syrup every three days. I have done inspection two days ago and they are drawing comb out on 6 bars but only half way across. I figured that they would have at least one or two fully drawn out by now? They have capped honey as well as capped brood and pollen in cells. is this normal and I am just impatient. Newbie that wants to be reassured that all is ok!! please help!!
As long as the vast majority of your capped brood is worker brood, I think you've got a good start!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts