Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Newbie question regarding bag feeder

811 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  DennyL82
Hi all,
Just installed my first bees. Was going to place bag feeder on top with a 1 to 1 ratio, but didn’t have room. So I places it on bottom screen. Is that ok?

Thanks,
DennyL82
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I ensured they opening was clear. Yesterday was beautiful here in NJ and had a lot of bee action around hive. So feeling better. Added a bottom feeder, and in a few days will open hive to see if queen is ok, and the bees have started building combs.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I just got a new top feeder in! Installed last night. Trying to get something to pull the bad feeder out without fully opening the hive. Its been cold the past few days. Suppose to be warm this weekend and hope to check that the bees are making combs and see if the queen is released and safe. Just praying I am doing everything right and that I am successful at this. So exciting and learning a lot about honey bees. Just incredible how the function as a colony.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.