Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live outside Winston Salem and have been reading up on beekeeping for quite some time in preperation for this year. I'll be installing 2 colonies the first week of May and hopfully all will go well. I'll be asking alot of questions, so brace yourselves!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey rather than start a new thread, we will just add ours here if that is ok.

My Wife & I will be installing our first hives sometime next week. We live on 10 acres of woodlands in Coastal NC.

Have a great day.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good fishing! lol I go down to Morehead a few times a year and do some surf fishing at Hatteras. Welcome NC neighbor!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome and good luck with the bees newbees!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Hello and Welcome!

This is a great forum for learning more about bees & beekeeping. Be sure to check out the "How to Start Beekeeping" subforum: lots of good info on the basics.

I also encourage you to get involved with a local beekeeping club. Clubs are great places to find mentors and get connected with nearby beekeepers. Much of beekeeping is location-specific, so the locals will be able to help you with beekeeping practices that work best in your area.
http://www.ncbeekeepers.org/chapters.htm

·
Registered
57 Posts
So instead of starting a new thread ill post mine here as well I am from Eastern NC and I am getting my first package on may 15th wish me luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live the mountains of NC and in my second year of beekeeping. The weather here has been irratic in temp. I have a list of questions for bee source. Henderson County Beekeeping only meets once a month so bee source is a great source of info.......and comfort.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts