That is an incredibly kind offer. I am stubborn though and am determined to make my first 100 sheets work! I think the crimped wire foundation just creates too much interference to be able to use electricity to heat the horizontal wires I've put in the medium frames. Heating up my embedding tool and a little bit of the wax is working ok for the little that I have left to do. It's unlikely my queen will lay eggs where I've put my wire, but maybe on my next 100 they'll be even prettier. I might even be efficient at it if I get to 500 or 1000 frames in this adventure called bee keeping.I am in Menomonee Falls. In February, I could stop by with a working embedder.
moussyOk! My type A personality wants both functional and beautiful frames. I’m sure I will look at my first 100 and just shake my head. February sounds like a great time to meet, Roland. By then I will have the rest of my frames wired and ready for foundation.
Crofter, I did start weaving my foundation sheets in between the two transverse wires shortly after I took photos of first fails.l, but I did so indiscriminately. I will pay closer attention to the shape/curve of the existing crimped wire moving forward. Thank you!