Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed 2 packages May 17. Both Italian with marked queens.

2nd hive is doing great - queen is laying, I've spotted her, they are taking feed, all looks good. Many, many bees. They will soon have another hive body.

1st hive is about half as strong. A week after installation (May 24) they had not released the queen yet so I helped them out. She is out of her cage, but I could not find her after a thorough search. (They are very gentle.) I also could not see eggs but I am having difficulty seeing through the veil anyway :rolleyes: .

Both hives are bringing in pollen and both are very gentle.

What are your thoughts about the first hive? It is situated to the right of the 2nd and was intalled first. Should I switch them or wait until I find their queen first?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.