Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Dhull
Welcome to bee source.
What town are you in?

Do you have 1 hive with bees or 1 hive with out bees or both?
From your other post it sounds like an empty hive.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Welcome
It helps if you put your location in you profile so answers to possible questions can take location into any answer given.
Cheers
gww

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dhull
Welcome to bee source.
What town are you in?

Do you have 1 hive with bees or 1 hive with out bees or both?
From your other post it sounds like an empty hive.
Hi thanks for replying i live near Frankclay.
I have only one hive which i believed to have some bee's without a queen but i now know that all the bees are gone
and the bee's that i am seeing are coming to my entrance feeder. i don't know of anyone else that has bee's anywhere near me so they must be wild?
i have been next to the bee's filling the feeder and they are not aggressive at all, could my colony have left and went to a tree or somewhere and are just returning
to forage at the hive?

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,226 Posts
Cold truth, your original hive died. Robbers have cleaned up any honey or capped syrup that was left and are now working your feeder. I would put out a swarm trap somewhere close by, but you need to concentrate on your soon to arrive package. So now the $64,000 question, how did you treat for mites this past fall and winter?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome to Beesource, Dhull.

I imagine there are some good feral genetics up in the Mark Twain National Forest- best of success to you on your swarm trapping and hive establishment efforts.

Russ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts