Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all! I guess I mean, "Hey y'all!"

I used the exclamation point icon because it's obviously important that I'm here. ;o) I hate emojis, BTW. I'm old school. Maybe just old.

Just starting out, and don't have bees yet. A friend jumped in by ordering bees and asked if I want to join in. He'd give me the bees if I built the hives. He bought a beginner's beekeeping book https://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Guide-Beekeeping-Everything-Need/dp/0760344477/ref=sr_1_28?keywords=beekeeping&qid=1553017551&rnid=2941120011&s=books&sr=1-28 , and we both read it.

Well, I went online, and found this place with all the DIY plans, and started on the lowers (brood boxes). I'm an engineer, so I started searching for information about frame spacing, and such, and I happened upon Bush Farms, with all of the stuff about why you shouldn't do a lot of the things that everyone else tells you to do. His mind set of mostly letting the bees do things how they like struck a chord with me, so I started reading through his website. I've only touched the tip of the iceberg, so far.

There is a link to these forums there, so here I am. I have a few questions about frames (design and spacing) which I came up with while reading Mr. Bush's stuff about foundationless frames, and variations in spacing. Don't worry, I'll search the forum before posting questions.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I know that from experience, but it's good to be reminded.

Mr. Bush didn't make it sound easy, just different. Going against the grain appeals to me. Of course, that's how you get splinters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts