Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received notice that our first unassembled hardware-hives/frames/foundation etc. have been shipped. Our 2 packages are coming in (mid-end of April) from a local supplier that personally travels to Georgia to bring them up to W. PA. I have been studying, reading, attending a beginning bee course, and scouring the internet for 7 months to try to gather enough information to hope for the ability to be successful in our first year. My wife and I have decided that we must initially take advantage of the science available to give our bees a decent chance of prospering. We have been and continue to plant bee useful plants for over 2 years and just decided to finally do it! We are both excited, and the biggest thing left for us to decide tomorrow is what color we want to paint our hives. Thanks to everyone on this forum as it adds to our knowledge base and makes us better at separating the "wheat from the chaff." I feel confident that any questions we have will give us several answers and options to achieve our desired result. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, experience, successes and failures with this community. It makes us all better at keeping these wonderful little creatures a necessary part of lives.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I read BeeSource for months and months before I got my first package last year. In the beginning, I only understood about 10% of the questions on BeeSource... let alone the answers. I started searching for specific terms that I wasn't familiar with and then reading threads devoted to the topic. Over time I noticed that I starting seeing familiar questions and I started comprehending more of what I was reading. My parents have asked me a few questions recently and then stand there with their mouths agape while I ramble on for 20 minutes nonstop. I've learned more about bees in the last two years than any other topic in three decades. And I'm still an absolute amateur. But I love it. Have fun.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
find a bee club in your area, I'm suprized you have not!
There are a couple that I have found, Burghbees as mentioned above is one of them that we plan to join.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts