Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I am currently just trying to research as much as I can about beekeeping before I take the next step into starting my first hive. I am completely inexperienced and am only doing this as a hobby, though I would like to be able to harvest a decent amount of honey for myself and family. I live on the Ohio/Indiana border (USA). Any advice or web links would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Everyone!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome

I would recommend "Beekeeping for Dummies"- also use the search option here for any questions or murky areas that pop up. Wade on in and ask questions!
Be sure to add your location in your profile. It helps with answers, as any keep will tell you, "All beekeeping is local"

·
Registered
143 Posts
Find a local bee group near you and go to some of their meeting. That is a good source of information for your area. Take a beekeeping class, go into other beekeepers hive to learn if this is what you would like to do. Look on you tube for videos about beekeeping, just remember most of the posters are learning about beekeeping an post as they go and learn. Also remember the saying "ask ten beekeepers a question and you will get 12 different answers." Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Welcome to Bee Source. Good advice from all, above. Subscribe to one or both of the major bee keeping magazines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts