Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
sorry for my pure english...i'm trying my best with my dictionary :)

I waited for this moment that my bees population
will fill 80% of the nucs and it will be possible
to transfer from 2 nucs to 2 Langstroth beehives.

I choose a sunny day, 15 celsius Temp, so the brood won't
be chilled and i will be happy to work without freezing.

The operation steps were:
1. Checking the new hives for any holes/cracks

2. Making 5 liters, sugar syrop 50:50 water/sugar

3. Put 1 meter aside the Nuc and put the new Hive that come
instead of her in the same potision exactly like the Nuc. make
sure that the entrance is also in the same position like it were in the nuc.

4. Take out the combs from the Nuc and put them one by one
in the same order and position in the new hive.
Example: if the combs were attached to the right and the feeder was in the left put it in the same order, so the feader will be like a wall between the combs and the space you get till the left wall of the hive.

5. Add between the feeder and the comb near her new comb or frame with new foundation, so the bees will have place to develop to.

6. Take the bees that were left in the nuc, shake them to one side in the nuc and shake them again into the space in the new hive.
If you missed some bees to the ground, just check that the queen
is not there and dont worry, they will slowly fly or crawl to the hive
in their own time.

7. Fill the feeder with 2.5 liter of sugar syrop

8. close the hive with ceiling if needed and her roof.

I hope that the information will be helpful to somebody.

Good night from Israel

Randi

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Hi Randi,
That sounds good, the frames from you're nuc go in the middle of you're new larger box.
Have fun

·
Registered
792 Posts
Sounds like a perfect transfer from nuc to full sized equipment.
Make sure you keep the feed 50-50 full so there is no interruption in syrup availability until the hive bodies are built out with comb.

Take Care,
-Erin

·
Registered
405 Posts
Randi, It sounds like your beekeeping is going well. Do you know any other beekeepers in Israel?
Laila tov!(Maybe "boker tov" now...I think you are 6 hours ahead of us!)
Barry

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Randi, It sounds like your beekeeping is going well. Do you know any other beekeepers in Israel?
Laila tov!(Maybe "boker tov" now...I think you are 6 hours ahead of us!)
Barry
Hi Barry,

Yes, i have a wonderful friend that serve with me in the army, dealing with comercial beekeeping for almost 20 years that helping me alot. three month ago i met him in another friend birthday after 17 years i didnt see him. he explain me what is beekeeping and since then i'm addicted, having alot of fun from the new hobby.

The main problem is that i'm in the desert part of Israel that is not the ideal place to put beehives, and my friend learning with me the area conditions.

So far so good and i hope developing the new apiary to something close to 80 beehives in the next three years.

Where do you beekeeping?
I guess you speak hebrew, did you visit Israel ?

Good Day
Randi

·
Registered
405 Posts
Randi, I knew that Sde-Boker is in the Negev, so I was interested to learn what sort of plants are growing that can support bees there.
My beekeeping is at my home in Indianapolis, Indiana in th USA...right in the city! Like you, I find beekeeping to be addicting and very much fun.
I deal with some businesses in Israel...in Ptach Tikvah, but have not yet had a chance to visit. I have friends who have made aliyah and friends who have moved here to the USA. None are beekeepers, though!
Please keep us informed about your progress with your bees!
Barry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts