Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
langstroth 10 medium only
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I moved from Europe to Canada and I am ready to start beekeeping again. I have been beekeeping in Belgium on a smaller scale (+/- 20 hives). But looking start now with 30 hives here and hope to increase numbers every year to get some income from my beekeeping.
I am especially on the forum to find tips and tricks on beekeeping in a cold climate with a long winter...
Regards,
Joris

·
Registered
5 ,8 ,10 frame, and long Lang
2,522 Posts
look at Yukon Jeffs posts, he has bees in Alaska.

many climate zones in Ca. kindly add you location to you profile so others can offer pertinent advice.
Southern Ontario is different than farther north.

GG

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Posts here pretty frequently by Canadians. Also some Alaskan. Any question you need an answer to will probably get relevant replies.
Welcome to the New World!

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
Hello,
I moved from Europe to Canada and I am ready to start beekeeping again. I have been beekeeping in Belgium on a smaller scale (+/- 20 hives). But looking start now with 30 hives here and hope to increase numbers every year to get some income from my beekeeping.
I am especially on the forum to find tips and tricks on beekeeping in a cold climate with a long winter...
Regards,
Joris
A good place to look is on the You tube channel of Ian Steppler from Miami Manitoba CA. Honeybeeworld.com has the diary of a retired commercial Canadian beekeeper from Alberta. He is tech savvy and has the most searchable site I have ever seen. You would also benefit from listening to Crofter on this forum. Welcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts