Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
Also make sure any equipment you build is built to standard dimensions. It may not make much difference when you first start, but it will once you need to move stuff around or buy something you cannot build.

Reactions: Fivej

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Welcome to the site and beekeeping QB. As massbee said, you may find your time is more valuable than making your wooden ware. But if you really enjoy it as many do, there are plans available on the site and good info in the Equipment section.
I enjoy woodworking, but found it wasn't worth my time making everything I need, so I buy most woodenware from Betterbee which is local to me and their products are excellent. To keep my limited woodworking skills intact, I make odds and ends like triangle boards, shims, nuc and quilt boxes and covers on an as needed basis. Of course, find your own path.
J

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Welcome, Queenbeemama- as has already been mentioned we all find an approach that works for us, and I am sure you will find your groove too.

Best of success to you as you build your gear and then work to get it all filled.

Russ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts