Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well someone came out with a cordless smoker.

I have my own opinion of it but like to see what others think.

Someone keep an eye out for it at the January conference in Florida. Sorry for the picture size. It is direct from their web site.

·
Registered
311 Posts
If there's more to it than a fan and battery and it has a five year warranty with it explicitly promising to never go out when I need it most.........Hmmmm
Perry

·
Registered
97 Posts
This one makes us smile. Funny how something so simple can be made so complicated.

Here's a prototype for our new bee suit. Magnet-Man/Ultra Breeze watch out--this one's Patent Pending!:shhhh:
At least you have a place to stick your metal hive tool and that cordless smoker:lpf:

·
Vendor
341 Posts
We bought a "Younger Smoker" from Paul Younger when he was alive. He used to have the domain newbeesmoker.com

Here is a PDF from the Canadian Honey Council for those curious. Page 5 shows a picture of his butane/propane smoker that vaporizes liquid smoke and a link to the Patent.

It is a really cool design. Instant on and thick cool smoke. It smells like beef jerky to boot!

·
Registered
99 Posts
If it has a five year warrantee, why are they already selling replacement parts ?

My guess is that the warrantee doesn't cover the burner, battery or charger.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I find it quite an interesting idea....now if all it did was blow the smoke I would say it was useless but the fact that it is self lighting intrigues me...as many times as new beeks ask how to keep a smoker lit...:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
kind of like the computer sure is great but also a down side there is something to be said about lighting a smoker maybe im getting old but hopefully never that lazy

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would say it was useless but the fact that it is self lighting intrigues me...
Same here and for those inconvenient times when you need to run out to inspect a single hive (and you do need reliable good smoke for those queenless colonies) or drive 10 miles to inspect someone elses hives in a hurry after work (which I do), it sounds like a great idea. Quick to light. Quick to extinguish and you're on your way home for dinner. I don't however see the utility of this smoker when working many colonies. A tall smoker is what you want.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts