Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've read a lot here and started posting so I thought I had better introduce myself.

I am a third year keeper with 15 hives with more to come, and have much still to learn. My bees were all 6 miles away from the house and I now have a small 80 acre farm in Alfalfa & Cattle Country, along the Arkansas River. It is so much better to have the bees closer to home!

I have morgans, a mustang, chickens, mountain curs, kitties, and a few parrots. A regular animal magnet. My grandpa raised bees & worms, so I am following in his footsteps. I guess the worms are next.

I had a bee partner (my husband is terrified of the bees) but he died of a heart attack suddenly early last summer. Bless his heart, he was stubborn, but we never agreed RE: the bees. I will miss him & our debates for a long time.

I have never treated my hives & want to keep them that way. I appreciate that there are others at this site who feel the same way. I am looking forward to the resources & info available at this forum!

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Welcome from the Western Slope. Glad to have you here.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Grew up in Rocky Ford/Swink area... went to Otero Jr. College... things are sure different out there now with the loss of much of the irrigation water.

Welcome... I live where it rains a lot now:D

·
Registered
671 Posts
Glad to have you here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey! I grew up in Las Animas, until we moved when I was 13! All of my family was from there and some still live there. In high scool, my father worked for a local beekeeper there and still remembers it fondly. We make it back from time to time, but the town has changed quite a bit.

I bet we know some of the same people!

anyways, your post made me wax nostalgically. Welcome from another newbie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts